May 9 th: setting the pattern
May 10 th: cutting the fabrics
May 11 th: We are gonna sew a kimokap!
May 12 th: We explain how to prepare kimo-kap for sending to your KimoKap delegation
We keep refreshing our memory …
- If you did not see the presentation of the project, you can see it HERE.
- Feel free to share this sew along in your favorite social media.
- You will need just about 30 minuts per day to do this sew along.
- You can ask anything you need!!
- It is not necessary to know how to sew to participate. You can help to sew, or to envelope or donate fabric!
- We have 6 prizes between all those who sew kimokaps (1 kimokap = 1 participation).
- We also have 2 prizes betsewen people who donate fabric! (1 metre = 1 participation)
- Wendy from CoserCosas fabric shop has an special discount of 50% in patchwork fabric using the code KimoKap just until june 16th !
It is really important that you read all the instructions bellow to sew perfect kimokaps. These kimokaps will go to protect heads with special sensitive skin, so it is necesary that you follow all the advices we give you. We want that all kimokaps their function: Make smile our little heroes!
So let’s go for the first day of this Solidarity Sew Along!! Today wil will show you all the material we will need and also the pattern!!
- Kimo Kap pattern
- Tape, scissors.
- 100% cotton fabrics (prewash as they can shrink)
- Needles, Chalk or marker pen
- Threads in coordinated or contrasting color
- Sewing machine
About the fabric… we need to use 100% cotton fabric, quiltting type (without any elasticity). The fabric can be with or withou printed. Kimokap has to faces, one printed and the other one with a single color and without drawings or adornments.That’s because this bandanas are reversible, and according to the children mood the can use one or the other face.
There are three sizes (the fabric print should be according to the age the kimokap will go):
- Size S for 0 to 3 years old
- Size M for 4 to 8 years old
- Size L: over 9 years old
You can also use fabric for print with special markers. You can send the markers together with the bandanas.
About the pattern. The great Marujadas de peluchona has remade the pattern for us!! You can download it here Kimo Kap pattern. The pattern consisting of 6 pages and for each size we need two pieces of the pattern: an oval and a strip. You will have three ovals that are the ones that cover the heads (Pages 1 to 4) and three strips that go over the forehead and knot on the back of the head. In each piece you will see that in blue color is indicated the size and measures. This measures are of the ready-made kimokap! We recommend you to print 3 times the first 4 pages the it will be easy to transfer it to the fabric.
Well, that’s all about materials, if you have any doubt you can leave it on “comments”. Tomorrow we will set the patterns! Welcome to our #kimokapparty!! See you tomorrow! 🙂
Remember … if you want to show your “making of” in the social media, you can use the hashtags #kimokapparty #coseconmigosolidario #costurasolidaria #cumpleblog #saraitocosturil and tag us @doctorabotones @marujadasdepeluchona @kimokap